Buy Smart car mats at the best price and quality at Car Mat King®. All Smart car mats are tailor made with the fixings and shapes of the original model. We only use top quality velour and rubber materials, taking maximum care of the details and offering a 2-year guarantee. Place your order with total peace of mind and we will take care of the rest.
History of Smart: MCC Smart (short for Micro Compact Car Swatch Mercedes Art) is a small car brand created through a business alliance between the watch company Swatch and Mercedes-Benz. Smart was founded in 1994 to produce cars focused on suburban use. The Smart brand is part of Daimler AG as Micro Compact Car GmbH. The company name was changed to Smart GmbH.
The development of a small, low-consumption car began in Renningen, Germany. It would be the Swatch Mercedes Art Car, although we all know it by its abbreviation: Smart
A year later, the prototype received the European Design Award. The car gives up the doors to show off a cabin with very ergonomic seats. His maxim was ‘reduce to the max’
In 1997 he presented another prototype in Frankfurt, this one was so successful that just a year later, on October 3, 1998, the Smart City-Coupé, predecessor of the current Smart Fortwo, began to be marketed in five European countries.
In Hambach, France, former German Chancellor Helmut Kohl and French President Jacques Chirac inaugurate Smartville on 27 October. At that time it is the most modern production factory in the automotive world, with important innovations that impact on profitability and quality.
A modular assembly system was devised for the car, insisting that suppliers could design, assemble, and even install their own modules on the final car.
MCC secured contracts with suppliers to design and supply almost all parts of the car: Faurecia seats, VDO interiors , Magna chassis and door modules, Dynamit Nobel door panels and Krupp suspension . 
Even with this commercial policy, a recapitalisation of Daimler-Benz was necessary, which increased its ownership interest in the company to 81% in 1996, leaving SMH with only the remaining 19%.
At the Frankfurt Motor Show in 1999, a prototype sports car called Roadster is presented. Painted in red, it shared 35% of pieces with the fortwo and represents a modern reinterpretation of the British 'roadsters' of the 50s. His goal was to sublimate driving pleasure from a minimalist style. This was the basis for the Roadster and Roadster-Coupe of 2003 and 2005
In 2001, we have the appearance of the Crossblade, which further reduces the Fortwo: it has no doors, windshield, or roof. 2,000 are manufactured, the first one was given to Robbie Williams, with registration number 0008; he used it as a sponsor of his 15 concert tour.
This new model can be driven without a helmet thanks to its solid anti-tilt arch, the floor has drainage channels to evacuate rainwater - all the elements of the cabin are waterproof-and folding bars replace the doors.
In November 2006 the Fortwo was reborn –henceforth, coupé-, which remains as the only model of the brand in its different body versions.
With a more agile, safe and environmentally friendly design, longer and wider, and its front is more prominent. With higher levels of customization. It goes on sale in the spring of 2007, for the first time in the United States. In 2008, a version with Micro Hybrid Drive automatic stop and start technology was added to save fuel and emissions.
Its reception in the US market was better than expected, mainly due to social concern about climate change. Notably, it is even exhibited at the MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) in New York.
Smart is undoubtedly an atypical brand in the automotive world, due to its short history and its style, the list of model it has manufactured is really short.
Buy Smart car mats at the best price and quality at Car Mat King®. All Smart car mats are tailor made with the fixings and shapes of the original model. We only use top quality velour and rubber materials, taking maximum care of the details and offering a 2-year guarantee. Place your order wit...Read more